Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bento Lunch Wednesday - May 23, 2012

What a beautiful day in Cariboo Country!  The weather here is very volatile.  One day last week, I was shoveling manure and topsoil in the bright sunshine and the next moment, it was snowing and hailing!  Thank goodness it only lasted a few minutes.  It rained all weekend and now, the sun is emerging to give us that bright and sunny start to the day! 


This is the view of Horse Lake from our deck.  The rainy weather just makes you appreciate the sunny days even more! 

I find that with these sunny days, the children prefer to eat finger foods.  They are more efficient with their fingers, so they can get back to playing FAST!  So I guess, the theme is "finger foods".  I finally figured out that the older children LOVE ham and tomato sandwiches with mayo!  I keep trying different types of sandwiches because they are easy to make. My 2.5 year old is moody with sandwiches.  Lately, she has not been interested.  But she loves plain meat!  But I still offer a sandwich, because I keep trying. 


My toddler's lunch has red grapes, fresh sugar snap peas, ham sausage slices, ham and tomato sandwich and Caesar salad croutons.  I ran out of little crackers, so why not crunchy savory croutons?  


My older children's lunch:  red grapes, sugar snap peas, Caesar croutons and ham & tomato sandwiches. In time, I can add some lettuce or cucumber to their sandwiches.  I normally introduce new food by slowly adding one new thing to their favourite dishes.  

For more great bento lunch ideas, check out Bento Lunch. Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love ham and tomato sandwiches with mayo, too. And I have those exact silicone cups--they're perfect for my lunchbox. I love the squares--sometimes more practical than cute, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea to use croutons! I have to try this! They are the perfect finger food :) Plus, your Tomato ham sandwiches look so delicious, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!